Business Development Associate
We are Accordex, designing and building physical environments that spark remarkable experiences. Our story began over 25 years ago, since we have been assembling a team of incredibly passionate, smart, hard-working people to help brands deliver custom designed experiences. The nature of our projects is constantly changing, and that’s how we like it. From trade show booths, special events to custom retail spaces, we stay focused, creative and stimulated to constantly uncover new ways to bring the essence of brands to life. There’s plenty more for you to discover about us, come visit accordex.com.
The team is forever growing, drop us a line.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic, adaptive and creative business development associate to our sales team on a full-time basis. The Business Development Associate (BDA) will be responsible for prospecting new business and convincing key executives to meet with us for their exhibition needs. This will come by way of cold calls, networking calls, mining our Leadership’s LinkedIn connections and any other creative method to obtain an audience with our desired prospects. This role reports to the Sales director and will work closely with their Sales Account Manager to support the acquisition of new business clients.
- Analyzing industry trends and identifying key strategic opportunities
- Prospecting of new business clients in an assigned territory or list of prospects (business growth and development).
- Connecting with Key Decision Makers through a variety of unique activities, including but not limited to cold calls, LinkedIn connections and messages, emails, etc.
- Arrange and set in-person meetings for the assigned Sales Account Manager with an appropriate Key Decision Maker.
- Update and cleanse the supporting database (FileMaker) as necessary to ensure the data for the sales team is up to date and relevant.
- Log all activities correctly on behalf of both self and Sales Account Manager to ensure proper tracking of metrics.
- Ensuring a seamless transition of customer onboarding with Sales Account Managers.
- Remaining current and knowledgeable on all products and services.
- Providing support to the sales and marketing teams and initiatives
- 1-3 years of sales experience within a professional services environment
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Experience in tradeshows/ exhibits is an asset
- Proficiency with FileMaker or CRM is also an asset.
- Strong communication skills via multiple channels, including phone, email and in-person.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will allow for the quick development of trust with potential clients.
- Assertiveness and self-motivation to attain results, in addition to a strong work ethic