We are Accordex, designing and building physical environments that spark remarkable experiences. Our story began over 25years ago, since we have been assembling a team of incredibly passionate, smart, hard-working people to help brands deliver custom designed experiences. The nature of our projects is constantly changing, and that’s how we like it. From tradeshow booths, special events to custom retail spaces, we stay focused, creative and stimulated to constantly uncover new ways to bring the essence of brands to life. There’s plenty more for you to discover about us, come visit accordex.com.
The team is forever growing, drop us a line.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and motivated Technical Drafter to join our growing team. The Technical Drafter must have a keen eye for detail and a proactive approach to create accurate technical drawings for projects. The environment is friendly and the person will be supported by teammates within the company in a positive and respectful manner that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
● Attend Kick-Off meetings with internal and external teams to discuss and plan project details.
● Design 3D models and prepare 2D manufacturing drawings based on preliminary concepts, technical specifications (assembly drawings, exploded views, manufacturing detail drawings, etc.).
● Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) software package (Siemens Solid Edge).
● Reading and interpretation of technical documents, 3D concepts, site measurements.
● Respect the design and drawing standards established by Accordex.
● Check and verify design and drawings, meet customer specifications and data.
● Participate in the maintenance of standard hardware, research and proposal of specialized hardware for the various projects.
● Carry out R&D from time to time for new in-house solutions and use 3D printer to test those solutions in-house.
● DEP / DEC in industrial design, Interior design, building design or any other relevant training.
● Knowledge ofSolid Edge software or equivalent (SolidWorks, Inventor and Pro/E or Creo).
● 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in tradeshow, exposition or cabinetmaking design or equivalent.
● Knowledge of the commercial furniture (materials, hardware) (asset).
● Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
● Detail Oriented.
● Good team worker and team communicator.
● Keen and quick learner with a passion to solve design problems.