We are Accordex, designing and building physical environments that spark remarkable experiences. Our story began over 25 years ago, since we have been assembling a team of incredibly passionate, smart, hard-working people to help brands deliver custom designed experiences. The nature of our projects is constantly changing, and that’s how we like it. From trade show booths, special events to custom retail spaces, we stay focused, creative and stimulated to constantly uncover new ways to bring the essence of brands to life. There’s plenty more for you to discover about us, come visit accordex.com.
The team is forever growing, drop us a line.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and motivated Estimator to join our growing team. The Estimator must have analytical skills and an organized approach to detailing estimations for projects. The person will be supported by Senior Estimators working withOperations, in a friendly and respectful environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
- Read plans and understand specifications to create the list of materials
- Prepare estimates based on contracts, drawings and specifications
- Evaluate costs
- Collaborate with the sales force in order to fully understand the customer's needs
- Prepare and maintain directories of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors;
- Attend project production meetings
- Contact subcontractors or suppliers for pricing
- Assist the project manager in coordinating projects and understand what materials have been quoted
- Identify opportunities where the estimation process can be improved and/or more efficient
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with this position
· Good knowledge of the technical processes in metal or wood processing
· Manufacture experience in Exhibits, furniture, displays/fixtures, and or cabinets
· DEP in industrial engineering or similar
· Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position, industry knowledge is a plus
· Ability to offer alternatives as to materials if not available or too expensive
· Basic knowledge ofExcel
· Good problem-solving skills
· Ability to read plans and understand specifications
· Highly analytical logical and numerical
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Eager to learn and develop, flexible, trustworthy and innovative
Must be bilingual(French, English)
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted. To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the form below.