Finishing Specialist Seamstress
We are Accordex, designing and building physical environments that spark remarkable experiences. Our story began over 25 years ago, since, we have been assembling a team of incredibly passionate, smart, hard-working people to help brands deliver custom designed experiences. The nature of our projects is constantly changing, and that’s how we like it. From trade show booths, special events to custom retail spaces, we stay focused, creative and stimulated to constantly uncover new ways to bring the essence of brands to life. There’s plenty more for you to discover about us, come visit accordex.com.
The team is forever growing, drop us a line.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Finishing Specialist to join our growing team. The candidate will take a hybrid role at the center of the graphics team: sewing and fabric finishing . The environment is friendly and the person will be supported by teammates within the company in a positive and respectful manner that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
- Participate in the development and manufacture of prototypes for all types of hanging signs, transport bags, promotional cushions, chairs, etc.
- Fabricate panels and accessories by following technical documents
- Assembly of different components
- Work in 3D
- Sewing and fabric finishing
- Make fabric adjustments for structures
- Assess needs and materials needed
- Manage workstation and undertake routine maintenance schedules for equipment and inventories
- Complete the documents relating to the different steps of the process
- Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in Fashion Design, Theater Production or similar is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in a print shop setting and/or sewing for large scale structures
- Technical proficiencies of large format equipment and methods for optimizing outputs
- Product knowledge and its associated finishing
- Detail-oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of large and small format print is a plus
- Energetic, efficient, and resourceful work style
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Bilingual (French/English) is a plus